New Year's Resolution: 2,011 in 2011

2,011 pages of drawing in 2011

Sunday, May 15, 2011

A little out-of-order update

I'm trying to post things in the order I do them, but if I keep to that then this piece wouldn't get posted for a looong time. So when I eventually do get to May 14th's posting, you'll see the page with all the studies and color tests. In the mean time, check out this marker piece I did last night!



This started as a doodle, but then I decided it sucked so I actually broke out the anatomy book and really worked the design. The result is, I think, pretty awesome!

This guy is from "Katana Gunslinger" issue 01, which I originally drew in the winder of 2009. The basic concept is that a dude is infected by some alien organism that gives him super strength and causes him to lose all his skin. I figured it'd look rad if it caused bone mutations, too.

In case you never saw the comics I drew for my friend, this is the original version of this monster. I think the newer drawing is a little cooler.

Just a little...

-JJ

No comments: