New Year's Resolution: 2,011 in 2011

2,011 pages of drawing in 2011

Friday, January 7, 2011

2011-01-06

So tonight I did a ton of studies from "Gargoyles," and I think something really clicked.

You can kind of see it on this first page with the David Hammerfist heads.


It really starts to show up here with the Jokers, though.


And definitely on this last page with the Katana Gunslingers. I'm diggin that fusion of the "Avatar" and the "Gargoyles" styles.


Looking back at it, the "Gargoyles" characters are VERY solidly drawn. Their features are exaggerated too, since they're very human-like monsters. I think this makes the "tricks" that create a solid drawing more obvious, so that when you look at a more subtle human character you able to say "hey, that's the same thing they did with Goliath, only very subtle because it's a woman and not a giant purple monster."

Forgive the rant. It helps me sort out what I got from my studies.

So until tomorrow (or later today...)

-JJ

984/1,005 drawings left
991/1,006 studies left

1 comment:

Chris Haynes said...

I believe i am witnessing a skill spike.