New Year's Resolution: 2,011 in 2011

2,011 pages of drawing in 2011

Thursday, January 13, 2011

2011-01-12

Hey hey!
So today I drew some pretty rad drawings (at least I think so...).

The key focus today was learning folds. My friends Sherwin and April were kind enough to give me some advice on the Facebook, so I really dug in and took a look at how/why they work, and how artists utilize them in their work! Take a look at some of my older drawings, and you'll DEFINITELY see that I learned a little something today!

First up, here is some more "Katana Gunslinger" doodling. Not strictly development art, just me noodling with style/design. Most importantly, working with folds!


I told you that "Bucky O'Hare" fanart would start showing up. I've always wanted to redesign Bucky as slightly more rabbity than Michael Golden drew him, so here's yet ANOTHER attempt. I swear, I have "real Bucky" drawings going back to 2003.

I dunno... alien dude? Again, folds!

Just when I thought I was done for the night, I got really inspired and hammered out another Bucky page. I REALLY like how that full body shot came out!

Anyhoo, that was my day! See ya'll tomorrow!

-JJ

PS: Yup. I just said ya'll.

962/1,005 drawings left
979/1,006 studies left

No comments: